2020 Marketing & Sales Plan best practices
Which priorities for your 2020 plan ?
ο Get more sales
ο Better align Marketing & Sales teams on common 2020 goals
ο Improve the health of the sales funnel and forecast
ο Execute inbound marketing tactics (increase leads, build brand).
ο Effective commercial process
Preparation of 2020 plans: Mistakes to avoid
From our experience over the past years in helping companies to develop effective marketing and sales, a series of barriers we commonly see:
- Not having a planning discipline within the organization. In other words, not having a clear process around the ‘how’ plan will be developed.
- Disconnects between the commercial goals and the overall business goals that need to reinforced.
- Misalignment between marketing and sales teams on the goal definition, goal setting or KPIs for success.
- Lack of internal communication of the plan and poor cascade of goals to specific departments and individuals.
- Plans that are not detailed enough to be able to execute the priority tactics.
- Disconnected tactics that result in the waste of resources, and prevent your business from effectively finding & progressing prospects along the different stages of the buyer journey
- During the year, not factoring enough the changes in the market and failing to make plans agile or dynamic enough
5 benefits to have effective sales and marketing plan
When it comes to effective marketing and sales planning, companies who do this well achieve superior results
1. Get 5,4% more unit sales growth compared to poorly aligned B2B organizations.
2. Better alignment and understanding of customers to target; their priority problems/needs. Better mapping of commercial tactics for the buyer journey. Be able to better execute commercial tactics designed to trigger and get better engagement.
3. Achieve 67% higher probability that marketing-generated leads will close. Getting better quality leads which are generally more accepted by sales teams. Also getting better sales productivity during the different stages of the sales funnel.
- Reduce waste in resources (people, time, money) by focusing on the most relevant tactics.
- Avoid redundant efforts of marketing and sales and avoid possible confusing experiences for prospects. Importance to ensure your tactics are consistent with the buyer journey and what customers/prospects expect per stage.
Ensure your business provide also relevant content ‘offers’ that help progress your buyers forward.
A business needs an effective approach (process, tool, milestones) as it prepares its 2020 marketing and sales plans. If plans are not done well then this could impact the growth potential of a business. Leverage Minds&More’s experience and proven methods by contacting us and speaking with our experts. We provide a pragmatic approach and we facilitate workshops with your teams to deliver great plans that can be executed.
Workshops on Marketing & Sales Planning
Our planning specialists are happy to help!
Related posts or client cases
Helping parcels company to find & activate new sources of business growth 28 OCTOBER, 2018 Consulting case: long-term growth plans Situation: Parcels delivery player needed to renew its long-term strategy, needing revenue growth and facing increased competitive...
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!