G-STIC: Reaching the Sustainable Development Goals faster
Interim management: Event & Digital Marketing
G-STIC is a Global Sustainable Technology & Innovation Conference under the lead of VITO, the prime research and technology organization on cleantech and sustainable development in Belgium.
G-STIC aims to facilitate the world-wide implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG’s) by:
- building a bridge between public & private policy-making and technological innovation, both at global, regional and national levels,
- focusing on market-ready transformative technologies that have the potential to impact the achievement of specific SDGs.
Accelerating the implementation of the SDG’s by creating international awareness for G-STIC: an international event attracting an international audience of high-profile decision and policy makers, researches and investors. G-STIC’s ambition is to become the ‘Davos’ of the Sustainable Development Goals.
- Build G-STIC brand awareness
- Create G-STIC brand advocates and ambassadors
- Build a G-STIC community
- Attract +1000 paid visitors for the G-STIC 2018 conference, international audience
- Targeting decision & policy makers, researchers, investors
- Targeting future decision makers: students
- Create content, relevant to target.
- To finetune the key message and set-up a pin-point digital communication plan, M&M set up personas workshops to define the G-STIC core target and understand their needs as well as their expectations.
- Three key-target industries where identified: Geospatial, Energy and Circular Economy
- The input of the workshop was crucial for building an appropriate content plan as well as a digital communication strategy and tactics plan.
Once target and available content identified, our strategy involved reaching our target using a digital communication plan including
- Improving the overall user experience and performance of the G-STIC webpage (relevant landing-pages, Call To Actions, Blog, SEO&SEA performance).
- Improving the use and underlying tactics of the e-mailing tool.
- Setting-up a keen strategy and action plan for social media use: LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.
- A significant improvement of website traffic = +17%, 1000 sessions per day and with an average residence time of 3,22 minutes.
- Balanced website and blog traffic channel profile: organic, email, referral, social, paid search
- Balanced website visitor’s profile with 80% international visitors
- Social seeding successful
- LinkedIn: from 0 to 1300 followers reaching 36.000 in targeted industries and generating 5000 click-throughs to G-STIC website
- LinkedIn paid campaign and Google Ads reaching target at surpassing expected website traffic generation
- Facebook event reached students: created awareness as well as +100 attendances
- Twitter paid campaign: from 300 to 900 followers
- On-event twitter wall generated 652 tweets and 700.000 unique reach
The digital marketing campaign contributed significantly to the G-STIC awareness and international attendance. Apart from the encouraging results, a thorough assessment has been drafted with tips & tricks to maintain momentum and consolidate on the 2018 learnings for a successful 2019 G-STIC edition.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!